Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Life With Purpose


The Power of Choice.
The power of choice is a gift. A gift given to us at birth. We are born with the ability to choose. In every moment of our lives we have to make choices. "Do I want to do this, that or the other". The opposite of choice is to react. To have a default action to any response one might encounter.
Let's think about it. There's always that person in your life,that you encounter every day, that gets you in a terrible mood. They say the wrong things, they take the last cup of coffee, or your parking spot.
With that in mind, think about those days that your in a great mood. The sun is shinning, birds are chirping and the temperature outside is just right. That same person has no chance in getting you in a bad mood. Why? It's because you CHOOSE to stay in a good mood. Even though our day isn't always as we wish them to be, we still have the CHOICE to CHOOSE. I'm not saying that it's easy. I believe that being aware of it is a great start. If I am aware of the things going on in my mind then I can do something about it.
There was another situation in my life where I found myself passing judgement. I knew nothing about a person but yet I thought I didn't like that person. Was it because they reminded me of someone from the past? One day we ended up talking and I found out we had a lot in common. I'm glad I CHOSE to speak to her and still do. Everywhere that we look there are many reasons to be upset, paranoid, scared or judgmental. Everywhere we look there are reasons to be happy, grateful and appreciative. It's all just a choice away.