Sunday, February 4, 2007

Part V - The Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Growth

5. Today I will choose to be Happy - I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.

Happiness is a CHOICE! I know now that happiness is not an emotional phantom floating in and out of my life. Happiness
is the end result of certain thoughts and activities, which bring about a chemical reaction in my body. This reaction results in a euphoria that, while elusive to some, is totally under my control. I will greet each with laughter. Within moments of awakening, I will laugh for seven seconds. Excitement will begin to flow through my bloodstream. I feel different. I am different. I am Enthusiastic about the day! Laughter is an outward expression of enthusiasm, and I know enthusiasm is the fuel that moves the world. I have laughter in my heart. Today, I choose to be happy. I will smile at every person I meet. My smile is my calling card and is the most potent weapon I possess. My smile is my key to my emotional make up. When I choose to smile, I become the master of my emotions. Discouragement, despair, frustration, and fear will always wither when confronted by my smile. The power of who I am is displayed when I smile. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit! In the past, I have found discouragement in particular situations UNTIL I compared the condition of my life to others less fortunate. It is impossible for the seeds of depression to take root in a thankful heart. I am grateful for sight, sound and breathe. If ever in my life there is a pouring out of blessings beyond that, then I will be grateful for miracle of abundance.
I will greet each day with Laughter!
I will Smile at every person I meet!
I am the possessor of a grateful spirit!

Today I Will Choose To Be Happy!

by Andy Andrews