Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wake UP to Success - 3 P's to Success -- Purpose, Passion Practice

Purpose

You have to have purpose before anything else falls into place.
If you don’t have guidance you’re like bouncing off the walls.
Life without purpose is like a “hamster in a ball”, bouncing all over the place, thinking you getting somewhere, but remaining in the same place.
There’s no deliberation in what you’re doing.

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior” is a great example taking someone’s life and finding their true potential, who they are and what they want in life.
In the book, this guy was living real scattered in his life, then to realize there are three types of people in this world:
The person who makes it happen;
The other person who watches it happen;
And the person who wonders how it happens.
I used to live my life working for corporate America and just going through the motions and making it happen for someone else and wondering what was going on in my life; not very focused at all, just living my life. Then I aligned myself with Liberty League and now I wake up excited about what I’m going to create for the day. Not like I used to where it was wake up and okay….cruise through my day and go through the motions, with no guidance or purpose as to why I was there. Getting involved with Liberty League has helped me get clear with why I’m here and what I want for myself.

It’s very exciting when passion and purpose come together; it’s like that burning excitement for life. You the read cannot understand until you experience it for yourself. And an INCREDIBLE feeling it is.

It all starts with you and starting that first step into your journey and when you know what your purpose is, it only takes that first step to keep going.

Steven Spielberg’s movie - Joe vs. the Volcano:
Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are floating on a boat and Meg says “My father once told me that almost the whole world is completely asleep, but the very few that choose to be awake live in a complete and total state of amazement.”