Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wake Up to Success - BEING THE LEADER

The CAR…..as simple as four wheels, combustible engine, steering wheel, seats. It wasn’t just an improvement on the horse and buggy, as primitive as it was compared to today’s cars.

Henry Ford is famous for saying “If I had given them what they wanted, I would have just given them a faster horse”

But that’s not what he did; Fords brilliance was to say….“If I want to go from point A to point B and if I was willing to forget everything I know about transportation with a horse and buggy, how would I do that?” and he completely skipped from walking to riding in an automobile, skipped over the whole concept of hooking a horse to a wagon. You see for years the world was stuck on the horse and buggy; big buggies, carriages, one horse buggies, four horse buggies and the passenger buggies. And Ford was willing to say, “If I were to completely scrap the existing method, how would I go about it?”

Point being, this is exactly what Brent Payne and Shane Krider did when they started Liberty League International. They looked at what was out in there in the marketplace and said “You know, that’s not going to work”; “All those things over there…those are designed for people that want to wait five to ten years down the road to become wealthy” and those other business models “No, that’s really designed for people who want to spend their time convincing people that they want to buy products every month” and so on. What Brent and Shane have put together is light years ahead, a simple business that’s designed for one type of person, the person who wants to play big in life and wants to get it done today, that’s who Liberty League is designed for.

So if I were to forget everything I know about network marketing and the other forms of business models; Liberty League is simply free enterprise in its most purest form; plain and simple. It’s a direct sales business with a built-in referral system. If you were to go outside of the home based business world, where people don’t understand the language, as far as, team building and you were to describe what we do to a realtor or someone in manufacturing the best way to describe it would be a direct sales business and it has a built-in referral system. It’s a drop ship business where you simple receive orders and then you pay the company to fill the orders. That’s it. It’s a simple business where we run an ad, when people respond and they sound like their more interested in becoming wealthy then working at a job, we invite them to listen to our presentation conference call. Someone else does all the explaining for us, a top earner in the company at that; then we have a follow up conversation where we bring someone else on the line to answer their questions. Customer buys the products, we get paid. Simple as that.

This is a business of putting people on presentations and collecting decisions and at the end of the day, I’m simply just a tour guide. I’m not convincing anyone to join and I’m not engaging in debates or overcoming objections (tip: if they have objections, they’re not a prospect – they’re happy where they are, they want to stay where they are)

So when you take a fresh look at what we do….to earn a substantial amount of money and allows us time freedom…. most of this business is delegated to someone else in the company. I don’t do the presentations or answer questions from my guests. My involvement is not only to be in receiving mode, but being the leader. When I show up in my business, whether it’s returning phone calls or answering questions for someone else on my team, my key role is that I’m being the leader myself. That’s the key, keeping it simple and being the leader.

I picked up this personal development magazine this pasted weekend and there was an article about a man who walked into a restaurant and a customer walks up to him and says “Hey Jack, the coffee always tastes better when you make it. I love when I see that you’re working, because I know the coffee is going to be great!” and Jack was sort of confused about this, because he was telling a friend…”everyone here makes the coffee the same way, it’s an automated machine, we fill the water to the line and all the coffee comes in pre-measured packets, we all push the same button, the water always comes out the same temperature, so how can it be that he thinks my coffee tastes better?” Well here’s the thing….Jack always washes the pots out before he makes coffee and he always uses the freshest packs of coffee and he doesn’t leave the filters dripping over the pot, dripping bitter water into the coffee. In other words Jack’s being the leader; Jack’s taking ownership of what he’s doing. He was making coffee just as simply as anyone else, but it wasn’t what he was doing, it was how he was doing it, it was who he was choosing to BE. And that is the metaphor that I’m taking on to my business today.

This business is as simple as making coffee. We run ads, we have conversations and we put people on presentation calls, then we bring a third party on the line, probably someone not even connected with the sale, they knock out a couple of questions, they’re either in or out or they’ll want to think out it, whatever, they’ll end up listening in on a Friday morning wake up call and make a decision one way or the other. And here’s the thing, the only variable in this business is me and the only variable in this business is you. We’ve all got the same system and when you really look at it for what it is; this system is really simple and we could over complicated and convolute it, but the fact is that anyone could use this compensation plan to reach their financial goals.

So it’s about our level of belief and our own willingness to show up in our business as the leader.